Tuesday 5 April 2016

Haul


Hi guys, I hope your week is off to a great start!

I'm going to start something a little different with this post so I hope you enjoy it. First, let me share a a bit of background with you:

Starting a YouTube channel has always been in my mind since I began blogging but I wanted to get my written content going first and establish my brand before undertaking another platform. Fast forwarding to the start of 2016 and it seems like the natural next step for me both personally and professionally.

Consistency and cohesion are the most important aspects for me in developing my brand therefore my ideas for the channel mainly centre around haul videos and lookbooks as these would tie in well with what I write about here.

As you can imagine, I've got a lot to to think about: what to film on, when to film, how often, which editing tool(s) to use, how on earth I'm going to look on the camera, etc. so in the meantime, I'll be making these haul posts and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

My recent purchases have involved a lot of beauty products. As I explained in my January Instagram post, it's something I'm concentrating on a lot more of late because I can feel my skin changing as I advance through my twenties.

Firstly, I bought my second Chanel Vitalumière Compact Douceur as I was very impressed as soon as I bought it at the start of the year. I really like that I don't even need to wear any sort of foundation underneath; the coverage is just great. Once you buy one, you just need to buy refills after that which is wonderful for the environment and the purse strings. I wear shade Beige 40.



Next, I treated myself to the Bobbi Brown 'Nude on Nude' eye palette which I've been after for months but never got round to getting! One of the lovely girls in Selfridges Manchester tried it on me first and I loved it as much as I thought I would; it's so 'me'. I've got to say that Bobbi Brown is one of my fave beauty brands and I don't hear many people talking about it. Whenever I've wanted a particular shade of a product, they've always got EXACTLY what I'm looking for and they just seem to mix classic and modern so well. 



After that, it was straight to MAC for a liner to match their 'Naturally Transformed' lipstick that I'm living in at the minute. If you also wear this shade then 'Stripdown' works perfectly with it as they both have super warm undertones. I'm wearing them both together in the very top picture above.




I also got this clutch and these earrings from Topshop. I'm loving anything pink/blush/nude/rosegold at the mo'. The circle on the front of the bag makes it instantly different to anything else on the highstreet right now. Key tip: look for clothing and accessories with hardware like this on.



That's it for now anyway until I next go shopping (which, let's face it, will be soon ha!)

Jacqueline xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig