Friday 24 July 2015

Leather Runners








     

Boho blouse: Boohoo
Bag: Longchamp
Leather runner shorts: H&M (old) - similar here and here
Espadrilles: Kurt Geiger

So, I bought these runner shorts last year and generally wore them with baseball t-shirts and blazers but this summer, I have got them back out to play with my boho blouse.

You see, when new styles infiltrate our catwalks, stores and websites, it's important not to shy away from them and instead create new looks with what you already have in your wardrobe. That way, your style is entirely unique to you! 

This is also one of the reasons I fell in love with these espadrille hybrids so quickly (read my post on them here); they give me the freedom to combine several looks in one. Here, the white rubber sole brings a sporty feel to the outfit to match the effect of the shorts and the stitching on the shoes creates another aspect alongside the embroidery on the blouse, allowing both trends to feature in the same outfit.

Mixing and matching like this is something I spend a lot of time doing in my wardrobe. I find that it really cultivates my creativity and forces me to embrace new ways of wearing items. If this is something you would like to hear more about then please feel free to comment on this post or send me an email (astyleisborn@gmail.com) as I would love to create a step-by-step feature for you guys!

Jacqueline xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig