Sunday 19 July 2015

Double Fringe










Suede jacket: Mango (sold out)
T-shirt: ASOS
Fringed skirt: River Island now ON SALE
Leather clutch: Topshop (old) - a selection here
Fringed heels: Topshop (sold out in nude but there are a couple of sizes in black here)

Wow, guys, I've got to tell you - I haven't really worn skirts for the past year. Can you believe it? Dresses, yes, but skirts, I seem to have had a big break from. There wasn't really a reason; I guess dresses are great to simply throw on and jeans/trousers/shorts have had a bit of a moment over recent years.

However, this summer we have been inundated with statement skirts and I just love them! I wear a lot of basic tops so they fit really well into my wardrobe as the perfect contrast. And that is exactly how to wear a statement skirt - with a simple top.

It's also important to keep the look simple if you're going to go for double fringing as you don't want layers upon layers of it. That is the reason I have chosen to put the skirt and shoes together - because they are separated.

The skirt itself is a delight to wear: it is so soft and swishes as you move. I have tried to capture its movement in the photographs hence why there are quite a few more focused on that one item than I would usually upload in a blogpost. Also, you may notice that the skirt works in a similar manner to the wrap skirt with two layers of fringing, one coming across the other.

What a beauty!

Jacqueline xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig